Saturday, December 4, 2010

It is the Small Things...

With the week I have had I think it is beneficial for my sanity to participate in this wonderful blog hop that I discovered on Four Plus an Angel. Her site is written by a mom who has a teenager on the spectrum. She seems to keep it real and I enjoy reading her posts. She has suffered the unspeakable loss of one of her triplets and has experienced the joy of a new baby after the loss of one. She is a very strong woman and I am inspired by her strength.  After joining a group for moms raising children with special needs, they were discussing how much we treasure the small things in life. I know as a parent of special needs I can really relate. So Jen from Want a Peanut, Chris from A Crazy Kind of Faith, Amanda from Life is a Spectrum, Ginny from Lemon Drop Pie, Melody from My Twisted Stitches, Kelly from Home of Chaos and her started this blog hop. I am going to jump on board because I think that it is helpful to try to recognize the accomplishments throughout the week. A lot of parents tend to overlook, or take for granted things like a hug, kiss, or maybe even just a smile. Here we all can celebrate and share these moments with each other. 
CLL0_000000211a2Image by Frozen in Time Photographers via Flickr

My moment this week would have to be when my son was having a major melt down. You know those days that you just want to crawl in a hole and forget about everything. I found myself shaking and I was really trying to be calm. Imagine the sweet young man pictured here screaming and red faced flying at me hitting me. What was the cause of all of it? He asked for Ovaltine (which he never wants), and I didn't have any. Damn guess I am not super mom eh? It was early morning and he had to go to school. He wasn't getting ready and had been screaming for almost a half hour. I tried offering solutions and options but he was not calming. It just made him angrier. Which made me nervous. Why, would I be nervous? He only broke my nose, has bruised my ribs and left numerous marks on me from his teeth and nails. He has gotten so much better, or at least he had. 


Well, I think the best part of my week was after he had started to calm down and I said,"Good job Charlie, you chose juice instead." He then told me,"No talk to me, Me bad mood!!" That was my big moment and you may ask why? Are you curious? My son cannot express his feeling very well. He knows sad but never has he said anything about being in a bad mood. While it is possible that he picked it up from Mommy, thats ok cause it fit the situation right. I instantly wanted to do a happy dance.





So, What is your Small Thing Saturday?
Come on share it!! I want to know really!!!!



Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments, SO nice to read and I'm glad you joined us. What a big moment that Charlie was able to tell you his feelings. Glad you made it out of the ovaltine incident uninjured!!

Jessica said...

Forgot to mention I love your head, rainbows are my "thing".

Ginny Marie said...

I'm glad you found our little blog hop! Jessica is a pretty amazing woman, isn't she! :)

How amazing that Charlie was able to tell you his feelings! I think I've said that exact same thing to my husband. ;)

Unknown said...

I really loved this! I will be here every Saturday (and other days, too!) Our 10 year daughter has been diagnosed with Asperger's. She had a big melt down yesterday, and yelled several times "I hate you. You're the worst mommy ever".
We recovered. She apologized to me. We're moving on.