Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wacky Wonderful Wednesday


I decided to start a mid-week post to try to reflect on some crazy, or happy moments that just get you feeling giggly inside. It could be a crazy moment that you just wanted to tear your hair out over at the moment but know has you laughing. I really want to try to reflect the small moments that happen when we least expect them. I know I am posting this a little late and so I plan on keeping it open until Friday this way we can all hop along. Please be sure to grab the linky and if everyone enjoys this we can do it every week. 


It was such a long day and my son had a Christmas play today. It was so wonderful!!! I mean spectacular and I cried. Call me a sap if you must but I have gone to many little ditties at his school and he usually is the kid all spaced out standing there while everyone else was singing and dancing. This year I expected nothing less but yet, nothing more either. I was happy to just see him up there. 

I am happy to declare that I was really wrong. My son for about a minute and a half, sang out boisterously with a big smile on his face. He was a little off time but he tried and for the first time I saw him join his class in an activity.  He was happy and while he had a really hard time standing there and he only sang in the beginning, but he sang, and that is my "Small Treasure Tuesday". Although that is far from a small treasure on my planet, it is an amazing accomplishment. 

I needed to share that because it brought so many emotions up in me. I was extremely proud of my son and, although I don't want to sound conceited, I am proud of me as a mom. I am so hard on myself sometimes and this year has been really rough with the diagnosis, self injury, behavioral problems, and learning issues. Today, my son made it all worthwhile. These moments are my rewards of parenting. I love my kids and my ASD son is amazing!!!!


2 comments:

Dotcomkari said...

oh! you should be proud momma! that video was too cute!

Apples and Autobots said...

I think I would've cried too. That is awesome!