Friday, December 17, 2010

What I Want For Christmas

Welcome to Thursday’s Special Needs Blog Hop. This is our last blog hop of the year as we are taking the next two weeks off.  Tammy From Autism Learning Felt and Stacie from Super Mommy To The Rescue host this blog hop.   They created this Blog Hop for Special Needs Bloggers to get together and support each other.   Please make sure that you are linking your post directly to the blog hop.


Please follow Tammy from Autism Learning Felt and Stacie from Super Mommy To The Rescue when you join. They are great people and provide a lot of support and insight. No matter what special need your child has, it is easy to feel as if you are struggling through it alone. This gives a deeper insight and this week they want to focus on us as Mom's and Dads. We focus on our children's needs and wants all year round and I urge you to take 5 min or longer if you find this especially hard, to put some thought into what you need or would like for Christmas.
This weeks Theme is What I Want For Christmas:
  • A winter coat. cause I have not had a new one in like three years. I find myself bundling in layers throughout the winter.
  • A van cause my car has broken and does not run. It would be better to have a van anyways cause then I could separate my children so they don't kill each other.
I am finding this really hard. I am hitting a road block here. Wait got another idea.
  • It would be great to have a canon 28-90 mm lens for my canon eos camera as mine broke due to how much use it had. *Umm... yeah, I have an obsession. LOL
  • An external flash for my camera
  • A family gathering where everyone showed the same acceptance to each of my children and actually tried to interact with my son.
  • To have one whole day without a meltdown over something that seems so trivial to me. LOL... that is a joke right?
  • Almost forgot this one...... 2 boxes of hair dye... My hair is going white and I cannot figure out why. 
Okay... I think that is all as it was hard enough to think of that. I almost have a headache from thinking about what Mommy wants. I truly hope that when Christmas morning comes, I have a house of ecstatic children and I can enjoy the sentiment and excitement of the day. My son told me this morning that he wants a new orange bear for Christmas and guess what. I already found an identical bear for him. My daughter said she wants me to have a good day with them. My sister said I should go out and get myself something for Christmas but I just cannot justify spending money on myself. 


Well, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and even though the kiddos will be waking us up at six in the morning when we were up until 4 am wrapping presents but try to welcome it and enjoy the laughter and joy that they have. Take a moment to enjoy your family without worrying about all the trivial stuff. I make it a point to put breakfast items in the stocking so that I am not trying to stress over breakfast and stuff. Have a wonderful holiday!!!!  Now it is your turn.... Think about it, What do you want for christmas? I can't wait to hear from you. Join the hop.”AutismLearningFelt”



Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

missy281982 said...

None of this seems like too much to ask for. I hope that at least two of these come true for you. Coming from your other sister I think your sister was right about you doing something for yourself. If you feel like you cant justify it then give the kids the money and let them buy you something. Lots of love! Oh I was thing we could have dinner Thursday the 23rd at my house. Let me know!

Dani G said...

funny how many of these posts are asking for new cameras!!

You know, I'd like a day without a meltdown as well. Where can we sign up for one of those??!!

Here's my post:
http://www.imjustthatway.com/2010/12/special-needs-blog-hop-all-i-want.html

Jennifer Janes said...

My hair has "shimmering highlights," but I don't care anymore. (It's driving my best friend crazy, though. She does my hair.)

I would love for everyone to be accepting too. Hugs.

~Jennifer

Bella said...

And a partridge in a pear tree? :p

Jean@MommyToTwoBoys said...

You sound like me, it is all about the kids and not ourselves. I too am rocking a three year old winter coat because anything the kids need comes first! Our car is on it's last leg also. I have no camera, just my cell phone.

I started to tear up after reading you one about a family gathering. That breaks my heart. And I know where you are coming from. My guy has ASD and ODD so is not very social, interactive, or nice to others so people tend to gravitate towards my adorable 2 year old with the bubbly personality. I really hope this one comes true for you. And if not, love him to death yourself!

And hmmmm...I can't imagine why you would be getting white hair? My first few grays have been popping up too. Autism'll do that to ya!

Lastly, a day without tantrums is really not possible. I think you should just cross that one off. If your house is anything like mine.

Lora said...

Oh boy, do I ever know what you are talking about when you say that you can't seem to justify spending money on yourself! That is me! And I need a coat too because I wear layers but part of that is from being in Alaska for 18 yrs.

I hope that you get what you so desire and that you are blessed with at least one day of no meltdowns over trivial matters or anything for that matter! That is a tall order but who knows?