Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice......epic camera fail

Lunar EclipseImage via WikipediaI was watching the moon tonight and it was magnificent. It is too cold to stay outside too long but I really did try. I think I should have added a sturdy tripod to my Christmas list because the one I have now will not support the weight of my camera with the 500 ft lens x2 on it. Shucks. Occasionaly I can still catch a good shot of the moon but with the position of the moon it was impossible. :( My fingers are frozen and I can feel them burning as they thaw out. Happy Solstice to all!!! This is the first time we have had a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice since the 1600's (456 years!!!). I might post my blooper, epic fail photos in the morning but for tonight I wanted to say Happy Solstice, the shortest day of the year.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

YoshiI said...

I was supposed to photograph moon eclipse this evening but the weather was bad... Thick clouds were always between my camera and the moon.... Sigh.

Lora said...

Thanks for sharing the Wikipedia image because I had no idea that they even had it on there, and I missed the eclipse because it was at 2:00 a.m. here and I later found out that it was too cloudy anyhow.