Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sick and Coughing in New York

I am having one of those days where I don't want to do anything. My head feels stuffed and I have a pounding headache, my voice is barely a voice, and I have NO energy. Apples and Autobots asked me how I do it and I think today I am seriously questioning this. I mean we can look at this is two different ways. I can learn how to get my children to do things without even slightly raising my voice or they run wild for a few days. LOL.. I never said I was perfect.

My boys have been playing Mario on the Wii for almost 2 1/2 hours which is NOT normally ok. But, it is keeping their mouths shut them occupied and content which means that they are not doing other mindless things. They could be stuffing my toilet full of toilet paper or seeing what marbles flushed down the toilet does. I mean hey the video game can't be too bad. Can it?  At least they are happy. 

How do parents survive through sickness? I think I may even order pizza for dinner and for lunch I allowed them to have Peanut Butter and Fluff (sounds good right? Keep reading) with cheese and blueberry preserves. Gross..... But the boys ate it. They had Oatmeal for breakfast though and Ramen for dinner last night. I am really sick, and my kids are paying for it. Cringe... I usually cook a decent meal for them and ensure that they get their veggies but the last two days it has been impossible to do. 

Another cringe factor is that both my boys are still running around in a shirt from yesterday and undies. They aren't even dressed and it is 1:30 in the afternoon. Eeekkkk.... I know it is horrible. I need my voice and my energy back soon!!! My kids are gonna turn into junk food finatics and video game junkies. LOL I think I need some hot tea, Nyquil, a comfy blanket and my bed. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon.

Melissa said...

Even when you are sick and unable to function as you normally do, you are still an amazing mom. Feel better

Unknown said...

I probably couldn't keep up with ya on a good day! Hope you feel better!