Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Crazy Hectic, Unexpected Day

Ever have one of those days when nothing seems to go as planned? Have you ever seen something happening in slow motion right before your eyes, but you cannot stop it from happening? I had one of those days. 

I picked my oldest boy,Buddy,  up from his dads on Monday and noticed his head was shaking. He was shaking his head no but he had no control of it. I thought it was just a tic but couldn't remember seeing him do this before. I asked his dad who was unsure as well, so we decided to call the doctor. They wanted to see him at four o'clock yesterday. I made sure to video some of the behavior and as I was watching I noticed it wasn't just his head but his whole body was twitching. He even seemed a bit disoriented after severe twitches. I was concerned. 

We went to the doctor's office where his father met us and he was still twitching. I showed the doctor the video and he also checked Buddy out.  The doctor was really concerned because he didn't feel this was a typical tic. This resembled seizure like behavior. They ordered a sleep deprived EEG to check his brain waves. Buddy was not happy. He gets upset and scared very easily. He didn't know what this test was and assumed it would hurt. We tried to reassure him. I am awaiting a call from the doctor regarding where we have to bring him to get this done. 

As we were leaving the doctors,Buddy got in the car and I was wrestling to get Chucky Cheese to get in the car because he wanted to play in the snow. He started running to get in the car, Buddy opened the door for Chucky Cheese but he didn't see it and ran right into the car door. This left a gash on his forehead. I am not good with blood. At least not blood from a loved one. 

My boyfriend took my son to look at his face and I went t get paper towels as he was bleeding. The nurse from the doctor's came outside to check on him. It was an ER visit. Looked like he needed stitches. Thankfully the ER went quick and they pulled us through fast track. They were amazing with him and he was a trooper. The doctor explained things and made him feel safe. I can say it was one of the best hospital trips yet. They glued him, which made it much less traumatic and we were off. Whew what a night. 

So, Wordless Wednesday is filled with words but more so with thought. I can't seem to calm my mind and I am concerned for my Buddy. I hope it will all turn out ok and things will ease. I hate seeing my kids having a hard time. 








Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Pam said...

When it rains it pours. Hang in there!

Mama Apples said...

Hugs to you. Please let us know what's going on with Buddy.

4timesblessed said...

Will do I just scheduled the EEG.. tomorrow morning...Should be fun!!!

Dropcqueen said...

Oh my goodness what a night for sure!! EEKS!! Praying for your boys recovery!!

Debnance said...

Oh dear.

Here is my Wordless Wednesday: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/12/wordless-wednesday_29.html

akazookeeper said...

I hope things get better? Where are the pics of Jacob?

oilerblue said...

Poor kid! I hate to see when things are not perfect for kids. Hope everything gets better.

Dotcomkari said...

oh golly gosh, sounds like a crazy day for you! my prayers are with you sweetheart. Keep us updated! *huge hugs*