Sunday, February 14, 2021

Teenagers,The unspoken truth

Children, aren’t they adorable? They steal our hearts and are perfect at everything, in our eyes. We know that we can mold these children to be respectful and responsible. But my how fast they grow. My oldest child is a young adult but the other three are teenagers. I feel like I woke up to a different child. I know, I should be a pro with four children. The girls are either through or almost through the teenage stage. BOYS!!! It's like an alien took over their brains.

Suddenly their body emits an awful smell and water might make them melt. I am serious, even mentioning taking a shower sets him off. The new attitude that he uses now is appalling. Some might assume the child was raised by the wolves. I swear he wasn't. It’s all about the video games or the newest Tik Tok that came out. The room that used to be kept clean, is now an obstacle course. I was wondering where all my dishes went and why I didn’t see much in his laundry basket. Wonder no more, enter at your own risk. They are in the teenagers room; Somewhere...

What happened to the years I spent understanding this human, teaching this human? I put a chore chart up again, he never even gives it a glance. It has become wall art now. I have even found myself adding chores like “Brush your hair”, and “Put deodorant on”, just to ensure his hygiene doesn’t get forgotten amidst the games he wishes to play. Just to clarify, that did not work either.

I need some ideas, thoughts, and answers. I feel like I am stuck in a teenage trap. Someone grab onto me and pull me out! Would love some feedback from you all and feel free to share this with other moms of teens cause this mom is seriously stuck.

No comments: