Sunday, December 26, 2010

Another Cringe Factor- I Burned the Damn Ham!!!

I have a tradition of cooking a ham for Christmas. It usually turns out really god but, this year not so much. I put it in and left it there for four hours. No, this was not a whole ham. It was a spiral cut precooked ham. What was I thinking? I have never cooked a ham for four long hours. It smelled good and there wasn't any smoke, but the ham was black. I was so upset.

This was a minor infraction on my holiday but it seemed so important to me!! I wanted a new ham. I sat down and moped. Yes, I moped and was close to tears over a ham. I had anticipated it to be a nice dinner. It was now ruined!! I know, I am so dramatic right? Well, my boyfriend did the sweetest thing. He doesn't celebrate Christmas so it wouldn't have mattered to him but because he saw how important it was to me he had to take action.

My boyfriend and roommate decided they would go buy another ham. It was around 7 pm on Christmas Eve. While he went to the store the boys had insisted on having some ham. I cringe to say that I fed them some of the burned ham. They thought it was fine. The girls wanted nothing to do with it and I can't blame them.  They are troopers!!! He said he went to three different stores and they were all closed. Finally he caught one that was open and bought the last ham they had. Yippeee!!!!! I recooked it and it turned  out perfect. All of that and the kids were too excited to eat but us adults had a wonderful meal. LOL.....

I am grateful that they would go out that late on Christmas Eve and buy a new ham for me. It was wonderful!!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

missy281982 said...

That was so sweat of them.