Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Planet am I on Today?

It has been a really tough week. It has been filled with meltdowns and screaming. These are the times that I realize how different my planet is since we fell off of Earth. The intense tantruming and lack of self control that he is exhibiting is driving me insane. Everyone in my house feels like they have to walk on egg shells.  I know I usually have positive posts and an enlightening way to look at it but I just feel very overwhelmed today.

Yesterday when Charlie woke up he was upset because he had an accident. I instantly tried to calm him and stripped the bedding off the bed so that it could be washed. He started screaming and yelling that I messed his bed and for me to put it back. I carried him downstairs to give him a shower and he was kicking and screaming. This lasted a while. He ran into the kitchen and was banging his head on the cabinets screaming that I messed the bed. He wanted me to fix it. But, he didn't want the wet spot on his bed either. It was a no win situation.

He quivered when I touched him as he swatted my hand away. I felt helpless. I didn't know how to reach him and he was so upset. As a mom, I wanted to hold him and tell him it was ok but he was not receptive to it. I hate it when he gets like this. After about 15 minutes he came into the bathroom but was still screaming and yelling. He was putting his hands on the toilet banging his head into his hands. I lifted him up and put him in the warm shower. He screamed some more but calmed quickly into the water. He didn't want his hair wet or washed. I didn't attempt to piss him off any more. LOL.. The back of his hair got a little wet and as I put his shirt on he started flapping his hands because he felt the wetness on his hair which then gave a damp feel to the collar of his shirt. Mind you all of this is occurring at 7 am in the morning, and I haven't even finished my cup of coffee, which by the way is cold.

He was really upset that the collar was wet but we moved past that really quickly. His eggs, which I prepared while he was in the shower, were waiting at the table and he started eating them right away. He wanted his show on which was fine. Then it was time for the bus. I was silently hoping this would be a calm event. Well, my thoughts were completely opposite to what would occur next. As I went to put him on the bus he discovered that his comfy, you know the one the teacher doesn't want him to have, was in the house. He started crying and fell to the ground. I got him up and coaxed him on the bus. The driver said that he could get his comfy when he got back home. That did not work!! He threw a fit on the bus and she pulled over and called for me to bring his comfy out. LOL... Guess he does need it.

Well, now that I am done ranting about how horrible I felt. I wanted to say thanks for the get well wishes, I am still pretty sick but a little better than yesterday. Charlie's morning today was much better than yesterday's. Hopefully the whole day will go this smooth.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I hope you feel even more better tomorrow. Give all the kids hugs for me.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better, and I definitely understand days like the one you're having. We're seeing more of that kind of stuff this week too--maybe it's all the excitement over the upcoming holiday? Hang in there!