Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Just one day...



Charles was not feeling well this morning. He asked me to get him food and by the time I got to his room with food, he was asleep again.  It is days like this that make my heart cry.
I wish he could catch a break!





About an hour and a half later, this is how he awoke. When I called his name he did not respond. I am pretty sure it only lasted about 30 seconds but it felt like an eternity to me. 



Some parents might be used to this but I am not. I do not want to accept this and I wish I could make it go away. Days like this I wish his neurologist was in his room to witness what I am seeing. This whole process is a train wreck. In order to get testing you have to wait till insurance approves it and then you have to wait for the department to have a spot in the schedule. I hate that insurance agencies and pharmaceutical companies ultimately determine what care your child can get. They do this not based on need but based on greed. My son is not a number! I will fight back, but I also have to help him. So: the blabathon will continue. There are many ways to help! There is an Amazon wishlist, a paypal link,a youcaring site, and a booster tshirt campaign. I will post the links below! 




No comments: