Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where Does Your Garbage Go?

Tots and Me

I read a blog hop today called Words of Wisdom Wednesday.  In Words of Wisdom Wednesday she  posts the answer a question she asked  the girls this week.  It is a great conversation starter and gets their minds working. She then asks you to ask the same question to your children and post their answer on your blog.  At the end of her post there will be a linky for you to join up with which will be open all week.  She just asks that you link to her  in your post so others can hear about Words of Wisdom Wednesday.  In fact, if you would like her button it is in her sidebar.

The question this week is:

What do you think happens to the garbage after we throw it away?

I decided that it might be interesting to see what my 4 year old son with autism would say about this, so I asked.  At first I got a very short and quick response…. which I will translate for you because he still has some articulation issues, “In the trash can.” I responded,”But, I mean after it leaves the house”, to which he, again really briefly, responded,”dumpster”. I probed some more and he said, “Out your hand in can.” Finally I said, Where does the garbage go after they take it from the dumpster? Where does it go?” He said, almost quizzically,”to the dump where they take it and send it to Australia to Jake. ” I then asked him why and he said “so he can play with stuff.” My son totally gave a new meaning to “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” LOL… I think the reason he said it like that was because we sorted through some toys and stuff. I think he is thinking Jake will get the toys. I don’t know… I can relate partially but as I said once before in my blog here… we do not often visit the planet Earth. We live in the literal planet Autism. Welcome to my world.

No comments: