Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wacky Wonderful Wednesday-01-05-10

Wacky Wonderful WednesdayHello again from Wacky Wonderful Wednesday.
There aren’t many rules for this hop I just want you to be able to take a moment in the middle of your week to reflect o some happy or funny thoughts. Yesterday was my Dad’s anniversary for the day he died. It was a really tough day but my son made me smile so I must share.
We have a Facebook friend who has adopted our family. She is a wonderful person and very caring. Around October Chucky Cheese was having a really hard time and was skin picking. This is a self stimming behavior that soothes him. It is also self injury. He had so many digs in his skin and I couldn’t get him to stop. We started using “Magic Stickers” and after a while this was working. When Nana Tammy heard he was doing better she sent him a Trick or Treat booklet of coupons for McDonalds to reward him.
When the envelope came in the mail I explained who it was from. Nana Tammy is his adopted Grandma and Heaven is her daughter. When I said Heaven he got very confused. He started asking if she was dead and in the ground. I explained it farther to him and I think he understood.
Yesterday I was crying and for the first time he asked me why water was coming from my eyes. I told him I was very sad because this was the day Pee Pa went to heaven. He was, yet again, very confused. He said,”So he no send me nothing?” While to some parents this may seem greedy but he wasn’t trying to be. He was associating heaven as the little girl Heaven. It actually was quite cute.  Just thought I would share that with you.
I think it is a perfect example of how literal and how confusing their worlds are. I am glad to be able to have a little piece of his understanding. He also told me yesterday that his doggie talks to him all the time. I can say, he does talk back and I guess it goes hand in hand with the book I got for Christmas. If you want to hear more about that just read A Gift or a Curse. Enjoy your Wacky Wonderful Wednesday and Hop along to tell me your Midweek smiles.

No comments: