Friday, January 7, 2011

No School!!! Ahhhh.....

It snowed today here and I don't mean flurries. I mean it really snowed. The kids didn't have school and although the plows have been going through the roads are still covered. The kids wanted to play in the snow but man it is cold out there. I used maybe. I love that word cause it holds them off and while most times it is really a substitute for no to prevent a meltdown they rarely argue it. I know that is bad but I never said I was perfect.

I was in a lot of pain today from my back and I can't lift my arms over my head. This means I have to ask my daughter to brush my hair. Can we say revenge. I must confess that on school morning I give her the option to brush her hair and well if it isn't done in time I will brush it and while I do not intentionally yank her hair, I am not as gentle as I would be if I was doing her hair because she asked me too. So.... yeah, she is not exactly nice about brushing mine. I decided I would take a shower/bath. You know where you sit in the tub with the hot shower streaming on you wash up and then plug the drain.

The hot water felt wonderful on my back and neck and it filled the tub which was relaxing. Or at least it was supposed to be relaxing. My Chucky Cheese decided that he needed to be in the bathroom watching Spider man as I was taking a bath/shower. He was talking, really yelling as he has no volume button, about how spider man is just a person in costume. This is a new obsession that started when Santa and his friends came to his school. He brought Dora, Frosty and Rudolf. My son informed me that it was not really them because it was a man in a suit. When I inquired why he thought that he said,"Me saw his neck." Now he feels every character is just a costume, and well, he isn't that far off.

When I got out he wanted to get in. Well, actually he asked if he could get in with me which I replied NO. So I got him into the bath which he really loves. I don't know if it is an ASD trait but water is really soothing to him and he has no fear of it. This is both good and bad as he has already learned how to swim and can go under water without plugging his nose. On the other hand he doesn't understand the dangers either. A couple summers back he ran into the pool as my back was turned. This was before he mastered swimming and well, maybe mastered is the wrong word. While he can now swim, he has hypotonia so he tires rather quickly. That makes me nervous but the tub is pretty safe. Safe as long as he isn't trying to dive off the side of the tub. LOL... He loves going under water and insists that I count for him to ten. He can remain under for about ten seconds, maybe a little longer and he loves it.



The tub was my savior today. He stayed in the tub for almost two hours. I know that is a long time but he loves the water, and when he got out he was to focus better. Instant therapy!!!

No comments: