Monday, January 24, 2011

Stylus Blogger Award

I was awarded the Stylus Blogger Award by Bella at If This Is Motherhood and Lora at  My Beautiful Child Griffin & Autism . I am honored that I was given this award and really love both of these blogs, so I think you should hop over and say hi. I looked at this award and read what it entailed and cringed as I had to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass it along to some other bloggers.

Bella is a mom of two gifted boys who can drive anyone nuts in less than ten minutes. Trust me I hear them in action. She is a devoted Mom who loves her children but must have her coffee to survive the day. I think this is something that we can bond with. We both love and can't love without our coffee. She writes about everything from Poop, no I'm not kidding, to Education and I encourage you to read her lastest post titled, "What Would I know......". This post really expresses some difficulties that most special needs families go through all the time, but it shows that gifted children also have special needs.

Lora is a single mother of a son named Griffin who has Autism. Autism, however does not have him. He is a wonderful young man and his mom loves him to pieces. I can tell by what she writes about him and how she dedicates her life to him. She is a wonderful person herself and copes with struggles of her own as well. She is my inspiration that we can make it through this and alive in the end. LOL... A suggested read would be her post What is Abnormal? This is a wonderful read.

Thank you two for inviting me into your lives and bestowing this wonderful award to me. I guess now I must tell you seven things about myself. This will not be easy but I seriously tried to procrastinate. If I wasn't reading it to my sister knowing that she would correct me I might have tried to post this without it. But, she is listening and yelling for not posting it two weeks ago when she gave it to me. I said I procrastinate right?

Seven Things About Me

  1.  I love coffee!!!!!
  2. I enjoy taking pictures of anything!! I could take a picture of a stick, but it would be magnificent(at least I would think so!!).
  3. Melatonin is my best friend!!
  4. I have gained a newfound respect for the makers of coffee!!
  5. I am really bad at listing things about me as I disappeared after I had my children. I am now so and so's Mom. 
  6. I love to cook unlike Bella, who burns everything, I can actually cook. I know I burned the ham for Christmas but Bella gave me the wrong damn time, so it's not my fault.LOL
  7. I really love having snuggles in the morning from all my children. It is the best way to wake up!!
OK... I feel I may have totally cheated at this list.
I will try again



  1. My favorite color is blue.
  2. I don't like pizza unless it is white.
  3. I hate the cold so I have no clue why I live in NY. It's my mother's fault. She had me here.
  4. My favorite kind of Tea is mint tea.
  5. I love laying in the grass with the sun beating on my face. The only problem with this scenario is I am allergic to the sun. Go Figure!!!
  6. I really do love coffee!!!!
Yippee...... Finishing this just made me happy. LOL


Now to pass it along...


The Hester Family - Jessica is a devoted mom of twins who shares my love of photography as well.
The Autism Princess - Another mom of a daughter with Autism. She another wonderful mother.
Mommy Brained Madness- Another Mommy Blogger named Mariah who has three children all under the age of three. This includes a set of twins. I admire her as well. 
Listen To My Words With Your Heart - This blog is so wonderful for me to read and if you live with a child with Apraxia, it is helpful!!
I'm Screaming Inside- this is a new blogger who is just starting to write a lot. I think she just needs to break out of her box and she will be wonderful!! I hope you visit her and leave some encouragement and comments. 
Seven YuckMouths And Autism - a mother of seven children and two of them are special needs children. One with ASD and another possibly ADHD. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: