Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 5, 2010

A clickable map of Australia's states and main...Image via WikipediaToday started as as any other, hustling to get the kids ready to catch their bus, preventing melt downs with Charlie, helping him get dressed and ensuring that my twelve year old is wearing clean clothes and brushed her hair. I don't know if this is just a typical phase but I thought girls were very aware of hygiene.  I guess I thought wrong. LOL.... My afternoon was calm being there was no one here, but all the craziness returned as my son and daughter came home. I decided since I was in a lazy mood that I was going to wait for them to come home and then go shopping. What was I thinking? We went to the first store and Charlie had to pick up some items for his pen pal in Australia. I know that might seem odd being he can't write but his mom and I have been doing online diary's of autistic children and the children seem to really enjoy the interaction. My son has even made up songs about his friend Jake. He picked out some really nice things and it was really uneventful until.... I heard my son shrieking at the top of his lungs. Can you imagine? This was a small store and as I approached my son from behind there were other people gawking at Charlie and I. What was the issue? He didn't see me and freaked out. I calmed him actually pretty quick and we were looking for a present for Krystal's birthday when he saw something he wanted. You would assume it would be a toy of some form and I guess it was, for a dog!!! He found a "Comfy" unstuffed fox with squeakies that he doesn't like in it's head and tail. The thing cost ten dollars and I have no idea why I bought it. But he loves it. Then came the real feat of my evening, we had to pick up Jocelyn and Jacob, then food shopping. This was seriously a backwards day. Everything I procrastinated to do all day now had to be done with four children and an overwhelmed mother.
Off to the grocery store which I must say was the worst decision all evening. I now had four overexcited children with one of them having severe sensory overload. Throughout the shopping trip though I must say that I only acquired and 500 weird looks because my youngest decided it was necessary to lick the doors of the Pepsi dispenser while my six year old was climbing on the hood of the nice car themed grocery carts. We did survive the shopping trip although I probably resembled someone whom had just stuck their finger into an outlet cause my children really ran me crazy. The cashier just looked at me and said,"Do you need someone to help you to your car?" I replied, "I need a lot of help but I don't think it is in your job description." She said this all normal and it will get better. If she only knew the whole story. As we were loading the cart my son decided he was needing to crawl underneath the benches, I thought at least I know where he is. Suddenly he bolted for the door, I bolted too and picked him up kicking me the whole time and grabbed the cart and my children and left the store. I guess it could have been worse. I mean I have had worse shopping trips and those only included the twelve and four year old. We made it home and had pizza for dinner, mind you I don't do red sauce, and in all the chaos I accidently put my pizza back. So I made dinner for them popped a movie on and let them all slumber on the floor. Boy, you ever notice how innocent and angelic they look when they are sleeping?  After such a hectic day Mommy was ready for sleep to, but first I had to take some pictures.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: