Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 3, 2010 - Sensory Input

Today started out really rough but evened out as the day went along. I was able to handle Charlie's meltdowns before they got to the out of control behavior and my daughter Krystal was very helpful yet backed down when I guided her too. It is tough to tell her she can not wrestle with her brother but due to his aggression all wrestling is off the table. So, we are trying deep pressure and heavy physical activity. When it was warmer outside, I noticed that when I had him do a lot of physical activity including lifting and pushing, he seemed to have less meltdowns. Hey, I think I just hit the nail on the head!! But, what do I do in the winter and when it is raining? I guess it is one more thing I have to figure out. Krystal procrastinated on doing her homework and ended up completing it really late but I guess that was her choice as she didn't get her TV time because she had to do her homework. Today is one of those days that when I reflect back on it I can say Wow, it was a pretty good day. Now, I warn you, if a typical parent of a typical kid walked into my home they would not be thinking this but I am not a typical mom of typical kids. I am a mom of four children all thriving for my attention and one of them requiring  a whole lot more then the others. It is a juggling act in itself and someday I will learn how to balance it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

punching bags, play-doh and even the Wii fit can help when it is cold or raining.

Unknown said...

Thanks Bella... Gotta pull out the Wii fit again... He was getting so frustrated cause he couldn't work the board. But think it is time to try again!!!