Friday, November 12, 2010

No Superwoman Here (via Motherhood, WTF?)

I read a blog today that reminded me of myself so I have decided to re-blog it. This is a first for me so after a lot of tweaking I think it has worked. This is an awesome post..If you are a mom I am sure you can relate to these situations. I know I can, and have had similar experiences. The moments are many and well, I humble myself in saying this is one of them.

One of mine would have to be when I had just had my second daughter. We were visiting a friends house and it was the first time we had ever been there. My daughter was only about 4 months old and my other little girl was about 5 years old. We were sitting on the couch talking when the baby pucked on my oldest. She has a very weak stomach, which she must get from me. LOL... Well, when the baby pucked on her it was a chain reaction. I really tried to make it to the bathroom but my 5 year old pucked on me and well, that brought the uncontrollable reaction that my stomach alone controls. It was so extremely embarrassing but something that I can look back on and laugh.

This is not the first time this has occurred but this one is up there on the list. I think the puke "weakness" stands out so much cause my oldest had Gastric problems and was a projectile vomiter. You would think I would have adjusted. Nope... Still to this day it is a chain reaction and if there is someone else to clean it, they are elected. Similar to when my whole house got the stomach flu and I was tossing towels over it and spraying Lysol to cover the smell while I waited for my best friend to come over and clean it up. Ummmm.... a very humbling experience. It would be great to just hear a little about some of your "weak" moments as a mom so we all may appreciate those moments a little more. Maybe not when they are occurring but I find myself laughing about them later.
Generally I feel confident in my abilities to do just about anything. I figure if someone else can do it, then I probably can too. This is the attitude I had at 9 or 10 when I decided the bar in my closet needed to be raised from little kid height to normal height. I got my dad's tools and removed the brackets from the wall, repositioned them, re-screwed them in and replaced the bar. I did a fine job and the bar is still holding strong today, lev … Read More
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: