Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 days of truth: day 1

So, I decided to join another blog hop. I have posted the link so you can feel free to join along. I really like the thoughts on this one and feel it is a great way to get to know fellow bloggers and moms like myself.

Day 1-Something I hate about myself:

I too agree with the statement that hate is a strong word so I choose you use dislike. I pondered this question for a while because it is easy to find things that you dislike about yourself and if I were to write all of them, you wouldn't read too far. I think my top choice would be my passiveness. I can be too passive and therefore I don't stand up for what I believe in as often as I should. This becomes a trickle effect. I hold it in and stew on it for a long time. Then, usually over something stupid, I explode. It all comes out including minor stupid things that are not even relevant. This can be a problem and I have been very conscious to change it. I have found myself frustrated with the children and one of them would ask for a cookie and instead of just saying no I say, fine go ahead have as many as you want. Problem is that I yell it and that is not what I want to do as a mom. I am far from the perfect mom, I have flaws. cringe..... What do you hate or dislike about yourself?


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I completely understand. I hold it all in and then explode and my reaction to the particular happening seems all out of proportion but it is the build up. I work on that one:) I might join in with this, once I get a chance to sit down and blog:) Lovely to meet you and thank you for stopping by my blog:) Jen

Jodi Shaw said...

ohhhhhhhhh I do that, never realized it until I read what you wrote actually. The boys will ask and ask and instead of saying not right now, I will go fine, whatever but also yell it. Yeah we aren't perfect and sometimes have trashy mom moments but loving them is what counts, right? ummm right? lol

Unknown said...

Yes Jodi you are right, I think.... ummmm....