Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm just not a superwoman!!!!

Stuffed PeppersImage by J-E-F-F via Flickr
I think I am having a rough day, umm, month NO I am determined it is the whole year. I can see the positive but sometimes it just all seems so stifling. Do you ever feel as if you can't seem to complete anything, or it is never good enough for the people around you?

I was talking to another Mom last night who has a gifted eight year old and he wanted Stuffed Peppers for dinner. She is not a cook I might add but really waned to explore this for her son. So.... she went to the grocery store and got all the supplies (at least she thought she did), and set out to make Stuffed Peppers. She then realized that she had no foil so she just put them in the oven thinking to herself (and out loud), "My kids won't even know the difference if they burn cause I always burn the food." I can attest she is not a good cook, but hey, we aren't good at everything. The point is she was trying to impress her eight year old by trying to cook something delicious that he was interested in and would actually eat. This is not an easy feat. She was really careful and tried extremely hard asking me questions along the way as cooking is my strong point. When the peppers were done she called the kids in to the table and her eight year old immediately started complaining. He was saying,"I wanted red peppers, they are supposed to be red and the skin should be peeled off. I wanted to sip the pepper mom."  All I could think about was all the time and effort she had put into the meal and the child was NOT satisfied. She must have been so discouraged with herself because he would not eat it at all! This is a prime example of my life!!!

I have a perfect example as this does not only pertain to our children. Well the ones we gave birth to ,but also our children as in the men we choose to have in our lives. LOL.. Why is it that everyone is always complaining. The floors didn't get cleaned often enough and when I was bleaching them, they couldn't tolerate the smell. I have now resorted to Pine Sol as it disinfects, smells good (to me anyway), and cleans great. No one likes it. They now complain that the house smells like a hospital. I don't think I have ever smelled Pine Sol in a hospital but who am I to argue. Being that there was an argument about how often I clean I had also made it a point to mop twice a day and now it is said I am going to ruin the floors. I feel as if they feel as if everything should be perfect because I am home and so it is easy. Our older generation accomplished all of it. Well, I almost want to state that the life expectancy has been increasing and maybe it has to do with the fact that we have realized when to slow down and that a crumb on the counter is not the end of the world.

The house is not dirty, just lived in. At the end of the night I try to clean up all toys and be sure things are fairly in order. But, Is it too much to ask for someone else to pack up dinner or pick up a toy in the living room when it was left there instead of complaining about it?  Am I out of line to ask for my children to clean up after themselves a little bit. All, of this and then to also hear my son's father tell me that he could teach my son better than the schools and myself. A mother's work is never done and geez... rarely appreciated too.


Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: