Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Everyday!!!!

Turkey contains a natural sleep aid. L-tryptophan, an essential amino acid with a documented sleep inducing effect. But, the truth of the sleep induction is actually a combination. But... I am going to put it to the test. I think!!! I want to increase the turkey we eat at home. Hmm... Turkey for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! Yes, We may get sick of Turkey but....we may also get some much needed sleep!! Why and what has made me consider this??  Chucky has sleep issues. Buddy has them too but his are very mild compared to my Chucky. Both of my boys take Meletonin at bed. Usually Chucky is asleep by 8:30 and wakes around 6 am. There are times that it just doesn't work. Those times I am looking at very late and sleep deprived evenings. Ugh!!!


We had a very large meal with lots of different foods. Chucky's favorite is sweet potatoes. Why you ask? Because they are Orange of course. Someday I may figure out how to make spinach orange. That will be a great day!!! He would be eating green food without even knowing it!!! Anyways, the sweet potatoes are made with butter and marshmallows. Lots of fat!! Fat and Turkey help the sleep induced effect. I also used a lot of sweet potatoes throughout my meal because I wanted him to really enjoy dinner and eat with us for once. Although it did not work he did eat a lot. Just at a separate table with only me!!

Last night, Chucky slept from 7:30 pm to 9:30 am. It would be my luck that he was at his dad's. He was exhausted!! He also seems in a better mood. Maybe it is the normalcy of going to his dad's this weekend along with the sleep that helped him but I sure do hope he remains calm at least for a few more days. Mommy needs some recoup time. If you have any information regarding how to implement Turkey as our main Staple for meals let me know!!! LOL... If it works I am all good! 

No comments: