Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Musings- Time

How has the time change affected you? What about your little ones? For the last 3 years Chucky has gone to his dad's house from Friday to Sunday night every other weekend. Typically the child has a complete meltdown in the car on the way home because the car seems to be a trigger for eating. I haven't figured out if it is the car itself that reminds him of some odd food but I would think not because the car is green. He will not eat anything green. I don't think it is the stores we may pass cause he starts within a half a mile before we even see a store. I presume it is just a reaction due to anxiety. He eats when he is overwhelmed. What could possibly be overwhelming about the car right?

Let me explain, Everything. The bumps bother him and if the car is making some weird that he can magically hear today but didnt hear yesterday, that bothers him too. The seat belt bothers him and god forbid if he drops a stuffie. He hates sitting up due to lack of muscle tone and I think it may be uncomfortable. The head lights from other cars, beeping and such. Not to mention the terrified look he gets when an ambulance is approaching. I guess it has gotten better cause he used to try to break my windshield with any imaginable object he could find. Now, he just screams and kicks the back of the seat. So, if this is typical for him why am I writing this? Because things have changed and Miracle Mommy can not fix it. The clocks went back an hour. The seasons are changing and my son does not like change.

Now when it is time to pick him up at his dad's it is already dark and that really bothers him. He thinks it is time for bed an hour earlier which would mean that he would awake an hour earlier. He screams the whole ride home now cause it is dark and there is no way to calm or soothe that. At least if it is food I can stop and grab him a snack. Now what can I do. I tried a flashlight but he doesn't respond nicely. He really does not understand.

 I wish for his sake that everything could be consistant to a point. Give the kid a break. He asked me to tell whoever turns the lights out in the sky to turn them back on. So, Turn the damn lights back on and give a mom a break. I want the warmer weather anyhow!!!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters



No comments: