Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogoversary!!!

Today is my Blogoversary and I have been blogging for a whole year. Although I have only posted 153 posts I think I did good. I have managed to maintain my blog for a year!!! Thank you to all my readers who have stuck around even through my absences. Your support and encouragement has helped me push forward through this hectic year!! There have been quite a few moments that has made an impact this year. I figure I can do a small post today as I am horribly ill with a horrendous cold. Ugh... My big day and I am sick!!! I will give you an update on all the aliens that live on my planet.


Princess- She will be thirteen in 6 days!!! Boy am I getting old!!!
This young lady is a very strong girl who tries so hard to be helpful although her teenage attitude gets in the way!!! I love her so much and she is growing way too fast for me. I remember when she was just a little baby and only weighed 7 lb. 4 oz. and was 20 in long!!! Now she is almost taller than me!!! She is your typical teen although she does have a 504 plan due to several hand surgeries. She is very bouncy reminds me of Tigger!! Princess also dreams of being a singer in a Broadway play!! She has the voice of an angel.






Chipmunk- nicknamed after her chunky cheeks, she is a bubbly child who is 8 years old. She is Gifted and tends to be a bit sensitive. This young lady is very courageous and wants to learn about everything. She loves to read and has immense patience with her youngest brother. Chipmunk loves Math and excels at reading. She is a little diva and wants to promote Autism Awareness.











Buddy- This is my little man who has had the toughest year. In January he was diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome and his whole life got turned upside down. At first they thought he was having seizures but after many tests they ruled them out. He was also diagnosed with Aspergers and Cri du Chat syndrome. He is now in a special class and doing very well. He got his first 100 on a math test and I am so proud of him!!!









                         Chucky Cheese-
He is my youngest and the first of my boys to be diagnosed. He was non verbal for 31/2 years although today you would never know it. He talks a lot!! He has mild/moderate Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder and Hypotonia. The seat he is using is to help him sit in an upright position without moving all over the place. He is in an integrated Kindergarten and is doing well.



Finally,Mom, the author of this crazy but real look at life through the eyes of a sometime frazzled single mom of four beautiful children. I am also a photographer when I can take the time from being a mom. Actually the jobs overlap as I never have time off from being a mom and advocate for my children. I love them all and as crazy as it gets I am still learning and trying to enjoy each moment I am blessed to have with them. I am that woman in the shopping mall with a screaming 5 yr old banging his head on the floor, or an angry teenager slamming her bedroom door. That mom who you can hear yelling from 5 doors down about the laundry that has piled up because they dont dare bring it to the laundry room, or the mom in the bookstore looking for another book about how to parent differently to try to ease the stress in the home. I am just a typical mom struggling to make things work. I yell, and I cry, I laugh and I rejoice. I am a mom and my name is Charlene.


I hope you enjoy my blog and I celebrate my 1 year Blogoversary and your dedication to join me on my planet even if it is only for 5 minutes of your day.

No comments: