Thursday, February 24, 2011

What Is Sleep? I Forgot !!!!

About a year ago Chucky Cheese was waking up every night screaming for a drink or something. It was so hard. I wasn't getting proper sleep and that made me a very cranky mommy. The Melatonin did help and he does sleep better then he ever did. I use it in combination with a disco spinning light. The light helps him to self soothe when he wakes up. At least it used to....


Lately sleep has become a luxury. It is no longer something that I may enjoy and I guess I get it according to when he allows me to instead of when I need it. I might actually have to start sleeping during the day just to ensure I can function. Just hook me up to an intravenous line and keep the coffee coming. Then I can survive the torture of sleeplessness. 


Last night, as I was cooking dinner, my twelve year old got an itch to try to be helpful. Hmm.. I sure wish she could have felt like helping by cleaning her room, but NO... she was helping to put her brother to bed. Sweet right??? Nope... NOT GOOD AT ALL!!! Charlie usually goes to bed at 7:30 and is asleep by 8 pm. With this schedule he will awake at 6:30 - 7 am every morning. This morning he woke up at 3:15 am and wanted to get in my bed. Not too bad right? WRONG!!! He kicked the hell out of me all night. NO sleep for me!! The night before last he woke up upset because his blanket fell on the floor. 


All of this waking mommy up stuff has got to stop!!! I need sleep!! Then when he goes to school I can't sleep because I am already out of bed and have had to be outside in the cold air. So, I have a headache and am a little cranky. On the bright side, he was telling me that he has magic today!! I am so excited. He is improving and making strides. I guess I just have to keep that in thought. Progress!!!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: