Monday, December 12, 2011

I Am Starting to See Some Light!!

Things have been looking pretty dreary here lately and I have been getting depressed. Charles has a ton of doctors to see about his muscle atrophy and I have been very concerned. Christmas is almost here and approaching very fast. I wasn't even sure how I was going to manage Christmas this year with many unexpected purchases. With lots of thanks to Jessica from Jessica Hester Photography and Ellen Seidman  from Love That Max, who connected me with Betsy Helmick, for your help in making Christmas a lot brighter for my wonderful children. I cannot thank you all enough.



I have applied for a grant from the Autism Society to provide Chucky with a Snuggle Swing, which is sold by a wonderful small family owned company. Sensory Goods was created to meet the needs of people affected with developmental disabilities while understanding the financial needs of those caring for them. They carry an assortment of items including chew tubes, swings, weighted products and even more. I do encourage you to take a look at their products and they are priced very reasonable too!

The owner has two children diagnosed with Autism and understands the struggles. I felt comfortable speaking with him and he was very kind. I had spoken about the swing and he had suggested a weighted blanket which Chucky does not have. He does however have two big heavy blankets that he sleeps with year round regardless of how hot it may be. He had suggested I get a weighted blanket and I had said that I would come at a later time because finances were tight and that was a purchase I cannot make right now. This generous parent did something that still has my emotions on a roller coaster. He bought my son a beautiful weighted blanket with the most comfortable weighted beads he had. I wanted to thank Cal from Sensory Goods for providing my son with this product. I plan on doing a review when it is received and telling everyone what my son thinks. Actually, maybe I will let him tell Cal himself!!

So, things are looking up for the end of December and a lot of things are starting to fall into place. My son's service coordinator also came out to the house and we completed all of the paperwork to get some behavioral therapy started and hopefully some respite. Sometimes things seem pretty bleak but I am so hapy there are caring individuals out there to help bring a little light into my tunnel. I cannot thank everyone enough!! Merry Christmas Everyone, We survived another year and to address January, my cursed month, BRING IT ON CAUSE THIS MAMA IS ARMED AND READY!!!

With lots of love from my family to yours,
Charlene, Chucky, Buddy, Chipmunk and Princess







No comments: