Sunday, December 11, 2011

The End of My Year!!

Well, It has been such a long year and I guess I haven't thought much about the holidays. The holidays are always a bit tough because it makes you think about all the loved ones who cannot join you in person with the festivities but we have created ways to include them even if we cannot sit beside them and hug them.

 We have my father's elf which I used to hide in the Christmas tree for the children to find but, umm..... many broken ornaments later and we have changed that tradition. We now go with the elf on a shelf theory and the elf moves every day. The child that finds the elf gets to re hide it. So while our elf did not cost 40.00 it is priceless to us!!

When I think of Christmas, I think of joy, happiness, love and togetherness. Unfortunately some of us do not have family gatherings and lots of friends to share our joy with. Some of us have a hard time seeing past the issues with grandparents not coming over and family members that feel ignored by our children. I know personally it breaks my heart to see a family member walk right past my child because they don't seem remotely interested in them. The look on someones face as my son opens a present with no emotion and they thought they would love it. But... they do love it just can't show it! I plan on trying to get through the season without having to cope with those things. We choose to celebrate with only immediate family. The ones who try so hard all year to be there and the ones who are always there to enjoy the good times and try to help through the bad. I choose to enjoy our holiday.

As I ask myself what I want for Christmas I have to say that I want my children to enjoy their Christmas. I want them to have a fulfilling holiday that will erase all of the stress from the year. I know that is unreasonable but it seems like things will never end. Every time I think that things are getting better another issue arises. But.... this is not what I wanted this post to be about.

My Wish List For Christmas

  1. Each of my children getting the one thing on their wishlist that they want.
  2. A bottle of Jack Daniels (everyone needs to relax )
  3. A new camera because mine is breaking and I may go insane.
  4. A winter coat 
  5. NO MORE DIAGNOSIS's


No comments: