Friday, September 21, 2012

Just a Little Update



Good Morning!! I wanted to give a brief update as to how things are going. I know I keep saying I am going to be more consistent on my blog but honestly, it isn't a commitment that I can keep. I cant seem to get enough time to sit down and write. I do however try to keep everyone up to date.

Charles has a clinical diagnosis of Mitochondrial Myopathy. This means he fits all of the symptoms and his bloodwork has also come back with abnormalities. More testing and trying to narrow things down. His behaviors are getting worse and I am unsure whether this is because of him being so tired or due to other issues. I guess time will tell. He is still on the waiting list for Intensive therapy. It seems to be taking forever. 

Yesterday his service coordinator called to tell me how it was all going and stated that he is a high priority case. Great news for us because that means they will be looking at his file soon. (Hopefully befor mommy loses her mind.) I met his new therapists and teachers and they all seem great! I am excited to see what he accomplishes this year. 

Early next week he goes to be casted for his braces. He will have articulated AFO's. We recieved his stroller which will really come in handy. Just happy that some things seem to be falling into place. It has been another really long and trying year. I sure hope it calms down really soon. 

No comments: