Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yet Another.....Can You Guess??

Yesterday I took Chucky Cheese to Capital Regions Orthopedics to see Dr. Andrew Dubin. This is the first Physiatrist that he has seen and comes very highly recommended. I have to say I was quite impressed with the visit.

Chucky Cheese has been to two Orthopedics as I was not convinced that there wasn't an orthopedic issue going on with his legs and both of them said that it did not seem to be orthopedic. Although the last Ortho wouldn't even look at the physical therapists notes or concerns. The PT sees my son more than the doctors have and I feel therefore would have more insight into what he is and isn't capable of doing on a daily basis.

Dr. Dubin was very thorough, answered any questions and explained anything that I didn't understand. He feels that Charlie's leg pain may be happening because he has a gait deficit.  He feels that it is in result to a larger issue but maybe AFO's will help his gait and eliminate some of his leg pain. Finally a doctor that could answer some of my concerns. He also mention Mito and Leukodystrophy which he is being tested for.
After the Appointment I took him to the
New York State Museum in Albany, NY.

He was fascinated with the escalators but nervous as well!!
It was quite humorous watching him !
He really liked this old orange Taxi Cab!!
This was really sad and hard to explain to him
but he stood here for quite a few minutes.
Then he turned to me and said,
"Good thing we weren't alive then!", and walked away!
This was his favorite fire truck
He got to see an old subway which was pretty cool!!
He didn't understand why the "people"wouldn't answer him!! LOLHe also asked me which was was me?? Umm... alrighty then!


But he had fun and the best part was doing puzzles 
in the discovery zone!!!

Charlie with his new friend Spots
doing puzzles!
Fossils



They had a carousel!! 150 yrs old!  

Listening to sea shells
He now knows what
a payphone is!







1 comment:

Lora said...

Ahh, the ancient pay phone! Looks like he enjoyed his trip to the museum, that's great!