Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Sweet Shot Under Not So Sweet Circumstances


Out of all of my duties in parenting, I think the worst has got to be dealing with Vomit. I am not just talking about cleaning it but even smelling it and hearing it!! I CAN NOT do it. Can't handle it and it has ALWAYS created a chain reaction. I do not do puke and have a very weak stomach. I have written about my experiences here, here, and hereI have been known to bribe my oldest to clean it up for money (I'm not even kidding you), throw towels on top of vomit and wait for someone else to come and clean it up, and even bribe neighbors and friends to help with clean-up. The last 48 hours has been my own living nightmare. My kids got sick..Ugh!


Chucky awoke at around 11:30 pm and I had recently taken an Ativan to help me sleep. He was covered in puke. Gross!!! I guess on a positive note it was his favorite color, Orange!! But, I didn't care about the staining issues, I had to be brave. I cleaned up my son and got him a bucket. Hesitantly I decided to assess the damage and start cleanup. Heading up the stairs with a can of lysol in my outstretched arm and gloves on my hands,my nose caught the smell. My stomach took a turn for the worse but I had to keep going. Steadily I pushed the button on the lysol and sprayed as I briskly walked into the room. Before the stench overpowered the lysol, I took the corners of the sheet and rolled the whole mess up along with his body pillow. I carried them downstairs and tossed them in a pile on the back porch. I left them there, half the job done. Whew, I survived!!

He was miserable and so was I. I was thinking he may have ingested something he shouldn't have. I asked him numerous times and he was not giving me a straight answer. Scary!! His vomit that started as stomach contents turned into gagging and choking on phlegmy foamy stuff! I was nervous. He wasn't even trying to sit up or roll to the side. He was suddenly violently ill and dry heaving. The heaving finally stopped and fever set in. Ugh.. Well, on the bright side he is feeling much better but as soon as his stopped Miss Princess started.

Next day, 5 pm... Princess says," My tummy really hurts." I told her to go to the bathroom and she just laid back down. Five minutes later she was spewing vomit all over the living room. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! I could have screamed. I just sanitized this room.. I have been cleaning puke all night! I tossed her a bucket and insisted she go to the bathroom. Then the smell hit and I ran out the door. Yup!! Mommy is on strike. My roommate thankfully started cleaning up the mess and after containing my stomach I helped finish it up. He said the combined smell was like Chocolate Icing, ummmm.. I disagree and don't think I can ever eat that again!! This child had hazardous materials coming out both ends and I couldn't do it anymore. Ugh.... They are both feeling much much better and no more vomit. I slept a bit today and hopefully tomorrow the children will return to school cause I really want to bleach my house and Lysol everything.

Sweet Shot Day



5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh,  bless your heart!! Funny picture though.  Hope they are all well now...

melody said...

Oh man...I react the same way as you do.  I don't have kids, but my students have gotten ill before in class.  I just hurry them to the bathroom, look away, and call for the janitors to come quickly. :) Glad the family is doing better and a fantastic job on the photos! 

Ashley Hill said...

Hilarious... and yet not! Sorry your kiddos were sick. There is nothing worse than the stomach bug! Stopped by from Sweet Shot Tuesday to say hi!

Charity said...

A mother's job is never done!

Mimi Lenox said...

Hi! I noticed that you are a follower of the Queen's Meme.  Please join us this week and play the Oh, Baby Meme! We'd love to see you.
http://mimiqueenofmemes.blogspot.com

Peace, Mimi